The Advanced Control Technology Club
Steering Group Meeting
To be held at Stakis Bedford Hotel, Brighton, 26th July 1999, 5pm to 7pm
Steering Group Meetings plan the future directions and initiatives to be undertaken by the ACT Club.
- Chairman's Opening Address
- Apologies for Absence
- Minutes of Meeting No. 19
- Actions from Previous Steering Group Meetings
- Report of Progress since last Steering Group Meeting
- Current and future work programme and deliverables
- Training courses, meetings and consultancy
- New ACT Club members and possible future members
- Initiatives for Expansion of ACT Club
- London sub-centre (Ron Leigh)
- European and USA initiatives
- Special Interest Groups Initiatives:
- Marine (Reza Katebi)
- Power and Energy (Andrzej Ordys)
- Metal Processing (Mike Grimble)
- Election of new Steering Group Chairman
- Any Other Business
- Date of next Steering Group Meeting
Dinner can be taken in the hotel afterwards.
ACT Club members who are not on the Steering Group will be more than welcome to attend.
The contact details for the Stakis Bedford Hotel are :
- 137 Kings Road
- East Sussex
- BN1 2PQ
- Tel.: 01273 329 744
- Fax: 01273 775 877
We have reserved a few rooms for those wishing to stay at the Stakis Bedford Hotel on the night of 26th July.
The rate for these rooms is £70 per person for Dinner, Bed and Breakfast. Please contact Lorna
if you wish to take one of these rooms.
Important: We must be notified of any cancellations of accommodation prior to 23rd July.
The Stakis Bedford Hotel is close to Brighton Train Station, which connects
to both Gatwick and Luton Airports. A map showing the location of the hotel
is available here. Travel information on how to
get to Brighton/University of Sussex is available here.
A few words from their brochure:
- "Situated close to the West Pier, the Stakis Bedford Hotel offers a seafront location with wonderful views.
Experience first class dining in the Garden Room Restaurant or make use of the leisure facilities at our
sister hotel, the Stakis Brighton Metropole just 200 yards away. The hotel provides guests with a warm
welcome in comfortable surroundings." Facilities: Ensuite bathrooms, Rooms with TV, Restaurant, Swimming pool,
Conference facility, Children welcome, Non-smoking rooms, Gym or leisure facility
The following is a list of some alternative Hotels in Brighton.
- Belgrave Hotel, 64 Kings Road, Brighton. Tel: 01273 323221
- Rooms £60-90
- Quality Hotel, West Street, Brighton, DN1 2RQ. Tel: 01273 220033
- Single £47 Double £57 (Sussex University Corporate Rate)
- Kings Hotel, 139-141 Kings Road, Brighton. Tel: 01273 820854
- Rooms £30-£50
- Granville Hotel, 124 Kings Road, Brighton, Tel: 01273 326302
- B&B from £37.50
- Brighton Sprachcaffe Hotel, Kings Road (opposite West Pier). Tel: 01273 323161
- Rooms from £25.00