The Advanced Control Technology Club
Seminar on New Directions in the Monitoring and Control of Food Manufacturing Processes
Organised by the London Centre of Technology Transfer and ACT Club
To be held at Omron Electronics Ltd, London, 30th September 1999
This event is the first to be organised by the London Centre for Technology Transfer,
and it is being hosted by one of our newest members, Omron Electronics Ltd., in North
London. The aim of the meeting is to present recent developments in monitoring and control
in food production processes. Particular emphasis will be paid to systems for rapid and
intelligent responses to quality problems.
The meeting will include:
- Novel sensors and their integration into an overall quality monitoring system
- Systems approaches for the supervision of food production
- Flexible software for quality management in food production
- Summaries of ongoing research in Universities
The seminar will be of value to attendees from large and small food producers, as well as
suppliers of systems and equipment to the food industry. Attendance is free and open to
non-ACT members but registration is required.
The number of places is limited so please register as soon as possible.
This event is being kindly supported by the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Fisheries (MAFF).
The agenda is as follows:
- 9:15-9:45 COFFEE AND REGISTRATION
- 9.45-9.50 Welcome to Omron, Clive Lattimer, Managing Director, Omron Electronics Ltd.
- 9.50-10.15 The London Centre and the ACT Club, What They Offer to the Food Industry, Prof Ron Leigh, London Centre for Technology Transfer and, Mr Andy Clegg, ACT Club
- 10.15-10.40 Overview of Current Developments and Priorities in UK Food Manufacturing, Prof Leo Pyle, University of Reading
- 10.40-11.05 Overview of Relevant Ongoing Research, Prof Ron Leigh, London Centre for Technology Transfer
- 11.05-11.30 Relevant Ongoing Projects at Omron Electronics
- 11.30-12.00 Tour of Atrium (Posters and Demonstrations)
- 12.10-13.10 LUNCH
- 13.10-13.20 Possibilities for the Funding of Collaborative Projects from Maff, Dr Christina Goodacre, MAFF
- 13.20-14.20 Current Developments at Major Food Producers, Prof Leo Pyle, University of Reading and Industrial speakers
- 14.20-15.20 Examples of Innovative Developments Applicable to the Food Industry
- Professor Greyham Bryant, Imperial College
- Intelligent Manufacturing Systems, Mark Graves
- Digital quantisation of colour, Dr Geoffrey Attridge, University of Westminster
- 15.20-16.30 Discussion and Round-up
- 16.30 Formal Close/Informal Discussion Continues
CONTACTING OMRON ELECTRONICS
- Omron Electronics Ltd
- 1 Apsley Way
- Staples Corner
- NW2 7HF
- Telephone: +44 (0)181 450 4646
- Fax: +44 (0)181 450 8087
here for a map showing how to reach Omron Electonics by road.
For accommodation whilst visiting Omron Electronics LTD, Staples Corner, we recommend the following hotels in the area:
- HILTON NATIONAL, Empire Way, Wembley, HA9 8DS, Tel No: 0181 902 8839, Fax No: 0181 900 2201 / 0073
- HOLIDAY INN GARDEN COURT, Tilling Road, London, NW2 1LP, Tel No: 0181 455 4777, Fax No: 0181 455 4660
- POSTHOUSE HOTEL, 215 Haverstock Hill, Hampstead, NW3 4RB, Tel No: 0171 794 8121, Fax No: 0171 435 5586